Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chevron Painted Plywood

Thought I would share a few picture's today of an easy DIY project that can make a drastic change to any space. Chevron painted plywood!

I have a huge wall I was looking to fill and didn't know what kind of large art work to buy. Instead I took a piece of plywood and painted it chevron. I used the same color of my walls along with a tan in the same family. It was so easy and makes such a change to the room without having to paint an entire wall or buy an expensive huge piece of art.
 
I didn't have to bother with hardware to hang it either. I simply set it on top of a dresser and leaned it against the wall. How easy is that?
 


ANOTHER GREAT IDEA! This project would work for an apartment or rental space where you are not able to paint the walls but want to add some life to those walls.

Here's a couple of pictures of it in progress. I measured equal lines both vertical and horizontal to make equal squares. I then used a ruler to mark lines inside each square corner to corner create the zigzag.

Last step was tape it off and paint. As you can see puppy got a little tired helping me out. (I wish they stayed that little forever she is currently 60lbs and growing).

No comments:

Post a Comment